Wyre Forest Nightstop is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide any information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Wyre Forest Nightstop may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 31/03/2021.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to our activities.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To claim Gift Aid back from your donation, if you have indicated that we may do so.
- We may use the information to improve our services or events.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about events or information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every website visitor is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data held by us (commonly known as a subject access request).
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that inaccurate personal data we hold is rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- The right to erasure / The right to be forgotten – You have the right to request that we erase personal data that we hold about you. This right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of personal data we hold about you. That is, we may hold that data but may not use it. This right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data we have collected about you; directly to you or to another organisation.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to us processing personal data we collect and hold about you.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Wyre Forest Nightstop, 35-36 Worcester Street, Kidderminster, Worcestershire DY10 1EW.
A more detailed overview of your rights under GDPR can be found on the Information Commissioner's Office website.